Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tutorial for Sculpting on UV’s in Zbrush



The goal of this tutorial is to show how you can quickly create & edit a normal map without baking and without having to use Photoshop filters and gradient alone (which tend to give a volume-less, procedural, flat looking normal map).  Some of you may know a lot of the basic's I am covering, but advanced game developers should get some helpful info here as well!


Have any comments or questions? Just reply to this posting and I'll get back to you!




1 comment:

  1. Hey Jonathan just wanted to say that this is a really awesome sculpting technique !! I've used it quite a bit for personal projects and it does really well with prop work too !

    I could not find a way to get in touch with your via email but wanted to mention that I work for digital tutors and they showed interest in this workflow so I would like to do a full tutorials giving everyone the step by step. I think it will help with highlighting some of the pitfalls that are easy to miss when designing something with this method ! I hope thats ok ! Love your work !

    Kind regards,

    Filipe

    ReplyDelete